Not able to install IIS

Dhruva

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi, I have a desktop that has dual booting and I want to install VB.net on my machine and when I was trying to do that it was letting me know that IIS is not installed on my computer.

I was trying to install IIS by going to control panel,add/remove programs and on clicking add windows components and here it was asking me to insert CD to get these componets installed.
Can I get IIS software from net, if yes can some one provide me the link ?

can some one help me how can I install IIS on my computer so that when I install VB.net, I can also develop web enabled applications in asp.net.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Dhruva.

Well I had a look for a download of IIS but I think you have to have a windows cd to install it. I would advise getting one of them somehow and then installing.

I have winxp cd....i inserted it and tried to install IIS on my computer but i am not able to install it.

can anyone tell me other ways of installing IIS or what might be the actual reason for IIS not getting installed in my system??

Was there any error message when you tried to install IIS. I installed it on several OS with different service packs and there was no installation problem at all.

Back