Newbie code... Any good or rubbish ? Please help !

robh

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey guys, as the title says, i'm brand new to vb2008 programming (coding for 2 days now) and I'm working on a test project to check out vb. following is the project, and some code from it. Is my code looking O.K for a newb, or am I missing something? All comments GREATLY appreciated!

---THE PROJECT---

A Patton VoIP router configuration tool for our technicians who are unable to directly code the router. The tool will have a few text boxes for users to input data like ADSL Username, Password, VoIP server, etc. etc. and the app will simply save all this data as strings, and output a text file which can be loaded directly into the Patton router.

So far I have only got a MAIN MENU form, which has 2 text boxes. One for SELECT BRAND and one for SELECT MODEL.

Actually, this is going to take FOREVER to explain, so I will simply attach my project for you to check out.

What I've done is created a modGlobals module to store Global Variables, and use that to populate combo boxes, etc. (you will see)

I have a feeling that i'm going about this all wrong :(

Thanks for any replies!!!!!
P.S - Be gentle. Only been going for two days!

Attachments

• pattonQuickConfig.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 9
Is it working they way you want it to work?

Yup, it's working exactly how I want it to, But I'm worried that if I start off not using best practices, that it will become increasingly difficult to switch habits once I get completely into it ?

Thanks!

Back