new Windows Forms Application project?

trudye

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have another novice question. I bought a book Visual Basic 2008 in 24 hours and the first exercise insstructed me to click on the Windows Forms Application icon in the New PROJECT WINDOW.
Unfortunately I can't find the icon. Do you have any idea how to display it in the New Project Window?

Thank you,

File > New Project. Select a project type, for example the "Windows Forms Application" project.

JohnH, thanks so much for responding. The problem is the icon does not appear in the New Project window. I have:
Analysis Services Project; Import Analysis Services 9.0 Dbase; Integration Services Project; Report Server Project Wizard; Report Model Project; Report Server project Search Online templates.
Those are my only options. When I click Search Online Templates, I get "Curretnly there are not search results to display"

AHA! Now I see what happened, our DBA did not load the forms option or any of the other options. The only option I have under Project Types (in New Projects) is: Other Project Types and only one option under that (Visual Studion Solutions).

Thanks for your help,
Trudye

Yup. Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 version 8.0.507 & Microsoft .Net Framework version 2.0
In that case, perhaps you can rectify your forum profile that now says your using VS 2008:
trudye
VB.NET Forum Newbie
.NET Framework: .NET 3.5 (VS 2008)
Btw, I searched for those projects you mentioned (never heard about them) and came up with hits for "Business Intelligence Development Studio":
Business Intelligence Development Studio is Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (or 2005) with additional project types that are specific to SQL Server business intelligence ...
Is this the VS edition you're using?
our DBA did not load the forms option or any of the other options
Great.

Back