New to VB.net

Priya

Programming Experience
1-3
HI ALL !!!

I am new to .NET . I have done programming in VB and ASP. I wanna dig deep into .NET.I started off studying with Wrox publication books.

Can anyone tell me how should go about learning .NET . I do not know if I am on the right track.

Microsoft have a couple of free eBooks available from the VB6 developer centre on MSDN. One is Upgrading VB6 to VB 2005 and the other is VB 2005 for Developers. There are also numerous Web tutorials about, including those in my signature. It's not a bad idea to just think of a simple project that will use an area or two that you want to learn about and then learn on-the-job.

Thanks

hi jmcilhinney

Thanks for hte info.I had already looked into that but did not give it a serios reading. I will look into it again.

Hi Priya,

Online tutorials are good, but you must have something on paper. So, I reckon you are doing a nice job by learning from Wrox' books.
But I'd like to advice you not to read Wrox' " Professional VB.Net", as it sucks really. Wrox' " Beginning VB.NET" is a nice book no doubt, but it seems that you are at intermidiate level, so go for some other books.

Thanks,:)

HI parv_spn,

Thanks for the reply . Yes I got Beginning VB.net and prof ASP.net . It is interesting.I am able to creat simpple applications lke calculator.

Thanks
Priya

Back