.net framework install files

student101

Programming Experience
3-5
hi to all
i wanna do something thats a little weird, i wanna Run An application on a computer which doesn't have any .net framework ! my app is on CD or DVd , i can't run .net framework setup.
i want a nice way to put some necessary files of .net framework installation on CD beside my application?
if there is a way to rescue of this problem , please tell me !? i know when i installed .net framework 2.0 , there is a folder of .net framework on C:\windows\[dotnet..] , i burnt it on CD but it didn't run on that PC !
its urgent , plz ...
thankz anywayz

err... you need to install the framework. It's not just a case of needing the dlls etc which you could include with the exe (the main one you need is mscorelib.dll I think) but the frameworks installs itself into many different parts of the system and these need to be in place.

On the other hand, you might be able to compile the .net application to "native code" in which case, you don't need the interpreter. You'd be better off including an installer on your cd or writing the necessary bits in a different language like c++ or even vb6. These *CAN* run straight from a cd

Back