Need help with deploying a VB.NET Project

dcasmr

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

I am having trouble deploying a project. Everything runs fine and it is a matter of deploying it. I have deployed projects before, but those did not involve dependencies (database, music files, etc...).

I even used some documentation, but everytime I have deployed it, it does not work. I am also confused with all the directories inside the project and need someone to go through it and help me understand clearly how to proceed in the future.

The project is an educational project that I need to put out very quickly for our users. So, if anyone can spare some time to help me get a release version I will appreciate it.

Thanks,
dcasmr

Thanks for your reply. This project will need more than what Click Once does allow. Especially adding a custom folder and specifying a default install location. I am not sure if ClickOnce can handle projects with dependencies and where the release project has to be fully specified.

dcasmr

Adding Custom folder

I added a Custome Folder to my VS 2005 project to store datafiles. Everything seems to be OK, however the folder is not created on C:\

I was expecting the folder to be created as C:\Mydatafolder
Any idea why? Maybe I did not set the properties right?

Back