Need help with Combo Boxes

Abz

Programming Experience
Beginner
Im a beginner in programming and have been trying to work comboboxes and pictureboxes.

I have been trying to code my program so that when an Item from my combobox is selected, the image in a picturebox changes according to the selection.
I have looked around and could not find what code I should use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I have no actual code. I had no idea where to start with ComboBoxes, total beginner but that link helps.

Thanks.

If you don't know how ComboBoxes work then there's no point even thinking about the PictureBox. Surely there's loads of information out there on using ComboBoxes so it's hard to believe that you've actually looked very hard. Here for instance:

Visual Basic .NET for Beginners - Combo Boxes

Once you've got an idea of how to use a ComboBox and what information you can get from it, then you can think about how to make use of that to work with your PictureBox. That's how programming works. You don't just come up with an idea for an application and "get the code" for that application. You break the implementation down into smaller and smaller pieces and work out how to do each one and then how to fit them together. You'll find that you will fit a few pieces together here and a few there into larger pieces, then you'll fit those larger pieces together into larger pieces still. That goes on until the whole puzzle is put together. As you get more experienced you'll find that more and more of the elementary pieces are things that you have done before, so you can eventually build something completely new while writing almost no new code.

Back