Question navigate buttons?

quangha

Programming Experience
Beginner
Just download the attach file and try the following things:
first, copy the *.mdb file to D:\
then, choose 1 item from the combobox, then try to use the navigate buttons.
It's normal, :)
Now, close the program, and re-open, choose 1 item, press "ADD" button, fill in all the rich text box, and press commit ( this will add a record to the table), and try the navigate buttons again, that's it, that's the problem.
I tried debug the program but it's so weird. for example, ds.tables.rows(0).item(1) always return the wrong value ( i double checked the database file ), just try and see.
Please, anyone, please help me, this made me almost crazy
Capture1.png

Capture2.png

Attachments

• Projects.zip
    43.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
I have taken the liberty of doing your data access how it should be done - please look at Form2 in the attached project. It may be of benefit to you to know it took me approximately ONE AND A HALF MINUTES to generate this form, that reads, writes and navigates the database perfectly. This is the result of following proper, modern, microsoft tutorials :) (see the DW2 link in my signature, but watch in the top right for the box showing links to 2008 versions of pages). The only bit of code I actually wrote was "Dim f2 as New Form2; f2.Show()"

Also, when you post a project containing an access database, please COMPACT AND REPAIR it before you post it. I turned your 4 meg db into 200kb with this..

Attachments

• detaimoi1.zip
    49.2 KB · Views: 26
have you ever looked to my code ? I know about the wizard to create the datatable like in form2, but that "one-and-a-half-minute-table" is not what i want. Please take your time and look through my code again to understand what i'm trying to do. THanks for reply.

Back