MyBase.New()

00shoe

Programming Experience
3-5
Hey,

I have created a vb.net application that works on some computers and does not work on other computers.

When running on the troubled computer it produces the following error message before the form is loaded:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x143c (5180), Thread id=0x1388 (5000).

Click OK to terminate the application
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

If I click Cancel it produced this message:

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings.

Cordbg.exe !a 0x14b0

Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
Click on Cancel to abort the JIT debug request.

If I click on Retry it produces the same message.

I was able to trace the error back to MyBase.New(), and I was wondering if there is any way to enclose the code inside a try catch block so a better error message is produced. If anyone has an idea on what could be causing this error it would be good too :).

Thanks!

Thanks for that link its was very helpful (I added it to my favourites :)).

Anyway, I finally figure out what was causing it. It is hard to explain but I was using programs that rely on a .dll file and the application for the .dll file was not installed on the computer (e.g. If I was using a MS Word .dll file and MS Word was not installed). :D

That actually makes perfect sense. Because you must have extended an object from that Dll and when it was trying to call the constructor from its base class it could not find the file/use the file.

Back