Resolved My Project

aaaron

Programming Experience
10+
I have a solution with 67 projects.

Some predate .Net

Years age some projects were converted to .net and added to the solution.

New ones were created in the solution.

As new framework versions came available the solution was upgraded to it.

Now using: <TargetFramework>net7.0-windows</TargetFramework>

I'm concerned that all projects do not have the same My Project options.
Things like High Dpi mode for instance.

Is there some built-in way to check.

If not, I'd like to write a program to read the appropriate file and generate a report.

1) Sound reasonable?

2) If so, which files should I check?

3) Is there some way these things can be set for the solution?

Solution
A solution is really just a container for projects. The projects themselves are independent. You need to go through the projects yourself and work out what's what. It would probably take you longer to automate the process than you just do it manually.
A solution is really just a container for projects. The projects themselves are independent. You need to go through the projects yourself and work out what's what. It would probably take you longer to automate the process than you just do it manually.

Solution
I may have miscalculated but I believe I have a .editorconfig file at solution level that applies to all the projects.

Thanks for the reply. I can see that if I go through one project and record the option settings the other projects with one eye on the record will not take much time.

On your reply what is the zero with angle bracked above and below for?

Oh, I just realised that you are talking about the up- and down-vote buttons to the right of a post. The tick/check mark is so that a post can be marked as the solution to the problem and up-votes can also be used to be the OP to reward posts that are helpful but not a genuine solution or by others to reward the solution. Down-votes can be used to indicate that a post is not useful to the thread. Those are features of the forum software but, while we do use the solution check mark here, we tend not to use up- or down-votes. We tend to like a post if it is helpful or good in some other way. It's up to you whether you want to use them though.

Thread posts can also be sorted by date or votes:
1683014389466.png

If there were lots of votes and posts you could more easily find the most popular replies.

Back