Question multi column combobox (looking for method)

jamie123

Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm using vs2008 with vb.net, and I have googled all around for a multi column combobox and I know there is not an easy way to do it in .net. However, this is my situation:

I have a table in my database that only has around 4 or 5 entries, with the columns FirstName, LastName, Type. I need all of these columns for each of the 4 or 5 entries to be displayed in the combobox. I've been trying to think of simple ways to do it such as counting all the rows, selecting each cell in a loop and programmatically assigning them to the comboboxes, but I realized that the ID column for these entries have numbers that do not go chronologically. (I thought that if I counted the rows, the row number would correspond to the ID number and I could go about looping and assigning variables/concatenating them into the combobox, but this is not the case).

So I am just looking to see if anyone else has any ideas on what I can do to solve this? It's a pretty simple problem but I'm kinda out of any simple ideas. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Back