Mouse Click in another application - WinAPI calls

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi,

Lets say I have an application running called 'Test App', and in another application that's running I want it to perform a mouse click in 'Test App' at specific co-ordinates. How do I go about doing this please, and can you provide full code.
I've googled a bit, and can see it has something to do with calling user32.dll WinAPI file but I have no experience at this.

I've been looking at FindWindow and SendMessage functions, but there are other forums which also specify other functions and I appear to be going round in circles. Some of the parameter's aren't that clear to me so I need someone with really good expertise in this field to point me in the right direction and explain how things work as I don't want to spend weeks searching for an answer that could be wrong.

Many thanks in advance.

DG

WIndows API Calls - Mouse clicks in another application at specific coordinates.

Hi,

Lets say I have an application running called 'Test App', and in another application that's running I want it to perform a mouse click in 'Test App' at specific co-ordinates. How do I go about doing this please, and can you provide full code.
I've googled a bit, and can see it has something to do with calling user32.dll WinAPI file but I have no experience at this.

I've been looking at FindWindow and SendMessage functions, but there are other forums which also specify other functions and I appear to be going round in circles. Some of the parameter's aren't that clear to me so I need someone with really good expertise in this field to point me in the right direction and explain how things work as I don't want to spend weeks searching for an answer that could be wrong.

Many thanks in advance.

DG

Back