Mono compatibility issues, even for a blank project

Ehsanit

Programming Experience
1-3
As I understand it .net bytecode is standardized regardless of language and any JIT engine should be able to run it. I wrote a program (an encrypted diary) for a friend a few years ago that I now need to modify to run in Ubuntu.
Running it through the MoMA analysis I found it had about 145 points of incompatibility, so no surprises that it didn't want to run. Most of those were because I used legacy Basic functions rather than the managed Object Orientated code, and I'm quite quickly working my way through the list (At the time of writing I have 60 entries in the "Method Missing from Mono" column of the analysis).

However there are 17 issues that don't appear in my code at all; in fact they are detected if I create and compile a brand new windows forms project. I can't work out how to deal with these appropriately. A few examples are as follows:

void Main (String[])
bool WindowsFormsApplicationBase.get_UseCompatibleTextRendering ()

void Main (String[])
void WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run (String[])

void OnCreateMainForm ()
void WindowsFormsApplicationBase.set_MainForm (Form)

void .ctor ()
void WindowsFormsApplicationBase..ctor (AuthenticationMode)

T Create__Instance__ (T)
string Utils.GetResourceString (string, String[])

void AutoSaveSettings (Object, EventArgs)
bool WindowsFormsApplicationBase.get_SaveMySettingsOnExit ()
Does anyone know what these are, and more importantly how I can fix them.

I've also tried to rewrite the program from scratch in C# under monodevelop, and failed due to critical differences in string handling, lack of experience with that language, failing to get the resulting code to run on Windows, and other things.

Back