Modify access stored query

Android

Programming Experience
1-3
Is it possible to modify a query that is stored in access using an SQL statement run by my VB program?

I already know how to modify a table using ALTER TABLE but is it possible to do this with a query. There are two that I need to modify. The first needs a field adding. The other has an expression in the query that calculates a value using other fields and this expression needs to be changed.

I cant change it directly in access as this is for an update to an existing program that I made for someone. after it is finishing i was planning on sending him the new exe and then it would update his database on first run so I need this to be done in the code.

Thanks.

I found the ALTER PROC command but I cant seem to get it to work, no matter what I try I just get syntax errors. I have solved the problem by using DROP PROC and then making it again using CREATE PROC but if anyone could help me with using ALTER PROC I would be grateful.

Thanks

Also sorry, I think I've posted this thread in the wrong forum.

It may be that alter procedure is t-sql (SQLServer) only.

In oracle we can say "replace procedure..." - have you tried that? It does a drop and a create for us

Back