Migration/deployment issues

cdurbin

Programming Experience
10+
I just migrated 4 related projects over frome VS2003 vb.net to VS2005 vb.net and have some issues.

First, I have a project that examines a directory and if certain zip files exist, it unzipps the data in them (flat text files) and loads them into a .sdf database. The program displays a screen while it is running that says it is running, and displays the current status of the program at the bottom (what files it is unzipping, what data it is writing, etc.) The program worked fin in vs2003 as a vb.net 7.0 program. Once I migrate it and change to Compact Framework 2.0, the program still runs, but no screen is displayed and I get errors when it calls my other programs (pinvoke).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Moved to more appropriate forum.

My thought s are that we can't possibly no what's going wrong without seeing some code. You should probably post the sections that are supposed to do the bits that aren't working as you expect.

Posting code:

I took out some code to make this small enough to attach as a word document, watch1.doc. I included a snapshot of what the screen should look like when the program is running as watch2.doc. What it is doing is running, but not displaying the yellow screen. I added the line me.show (see below) and am getting the statusbar1 and Screen1.text to display, but nothing else. The statusbar1 text changes as the program runs.

This program works fine in vs2003.

PrivateSub Screen1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) HandlesMyBase.Load
If File.Exists("CCClark_Msg.txt") Then
File.Delete("CCClark_Msg.txt")
EndIf
Action = " "
PictureBox1.Image = New Bitmap(ApplicationLocation() & "\Logo.bmp")
Me.Refresh()
Me.Show()
Main1()
ExitRoutine()
EndSub

Attachments

• Watch1.doc
    94 KB · Views: 36
  • Watch2.doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 38
Additional Screen shot

This is the picture while the program is running in 2005 & another running in 2003

Attachments

• pc_capture3.jpg
    pc_capture3.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 53
  • pc_capture1.jpg
    pc_capture1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 54
The Load event handler is executed BEFORE a form is displayed. There is no point calling Hide, Show or setting the Visible property because the Load event is raised the first time the Visible property is set to True and before the form is displayed on-screen, i.e. the form is displayed on-screen when and only when the Load event handler completes.

Is this true in vs2005 vb.net or was it also true in vs2003 vb.net? The reason I ask, the program works in vs2003 vb.net, and does not after migration to vs2005 vb.net. I have no idea how to fix this one, nothing seems wrong in the code...

Back