Question Make a GUI Exe run a module in command line?

Haxaro

Programming Experience
1-3
I have a GUI VB application, and a seperate command line module. How can i run the command line module through the gui app, without binding / installing?

You can execute any file from code by calling the Start method of the Process class. To control how the application starts up you can use the ProcessStartInfo class. You should check out the documentation for more info.

Yeh i know that, i have already been using that, but im wondering if i can save it as one single exe, instead of having to distribute an installer.

Why would having two EXEs require an installer any more than one would? You can copy two files to the target machine or put them into a ZIP file and copy that. No installer needed.

In answer to your question, no you can't have two programs in one. If you coede them as one then you could use a commandline parameter to decide whether to show a GUI or not. You could embed one as a resource in the other and then extract it on demand but I think Vista/Win7 security would block that as suspicious.

Back