Question Make a Form TopMost but only when an other Form is opened

Beware

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi! I'm new on the forum here so don't be to hard on me :)
Im busy with a schoolproject. Im making a Visual OS in VB.Net.
My problem is that i want to make a Form TopMost but only when a specific othe Form is opened.
Screen 1,2,3 are Form1,2,3
I've made an app: Form 4
When I open the app on Screen 2(Form2) it needs to stay on that form, even when i switch to the other screen.
I use this code for Form4(The app):
Me.TopMost = True
But Im looking fore something like:
If Form2.Show = True Then
Me.TopMost = True
Can anybody help me with this?

thanks in advance

JohnH

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
it needs to stay on that form, even when i switch to the other screen.
What does that mean? Maybe you should use ShowDialog to show the form as a dialog?

Beware

Programming Experience
3-5
What does that mean? Maybe you should use ShowDialog to show the form as a dialog?

This is wat I mean:
Test.jpg

An application is opened. Im on screen 3 here. When I got to screen 2 the application is still opened but then on screen 2.
What I want is that the application stays open but keeps staying on screen 3 where i opened it.
So the application is kind of locked to screen 3 at that moment.

JohnH

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
So why give user the 'switch to' options when you don't want to allow user to make a switch?

Beware

Programming Experience
3-5
I need the 'switch to' option because i don't have a taskbar that shows whichs applications are opened.
So I the application that I made can't minimalize but because I can't minimalize them I need multiple screens because otherwise the screen is to full when you've opened multiple applications.

JohnH

VB.NET Forum Moderator
Staff member
Programming Experience
10+
It is a context menu so you can have different choices in different contexts. In the context you're discussing here it seems to me that choice should not be enabled.

While I find your description somewhat confusing, it may also be possible you're talking about something else entirely, in which case a possible solution is to set Owner of the child form that should belong to a particular screen (form) or add it to the screens OwnedForms collection. Form.Owner Property (System.Windows.Forms)

Beware

Programming Experience
3-5
I've found a solution, i just don't make multi-screen. It gives to much problems and I already have a better way of opening the applications :)

Top Bottom