Question make a damage calculator?

Darkend

Programming Experience
Beginner
Here maybe this will help if we can fill it in please I would be greatly appreciated.

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

End Sub

Private Sub Label1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Label1.Click

End Sub

Private Sub Label2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Label2.Click

End Sub

Private Sub Label3_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Label3.Click

End Sub

Private Sub TextBox1_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles TextBox1.TextChanged

End Sub

Private Sub TextBox3_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles TextBox3.TextChanged

End Sub

Private Sub TextBox2_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles TextBox2.TextChanged

End Sub
End Class

Here is how it is supposed to work it is to make a damage calculator for a gaming design I just need help with assigning what goes where in the above formula.

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem to think that we have psychic powers that we can work out what code you need to write with so little explanation. Apart from that, if that's all you have so far then, to be frank, you really haven't tried. A damage calculator would be doing some fairly simple maths and you don't need any programming experience to work that out. Writing the code to implement it is programming but working out the maths to implement is not.

We're here to help but not as a substitute for your own thought and effort, which should always come first. If you can come back with a proper description of what needs to be done and an indication that you've given it some thought and effort then I'll be more than happy to help you with the bits that you're having trouble with. Sit on your hands and wait for it all to be done for you and you'll be waiting for some time.

Most computer games use formulas to define what happens when a user interacts with the environment. For example, the formula for how much damage a player inflicted on a monster might be something like:
damage = (player strength + player weapon) – monster's protection
Assume that there are 100 possible values for each of the variables on the right side of this formula (from 0 = weak to 99 = strong).
Write a program that:

• Allows the users to enter their strength, weapon strength, and the monster's protection
  • Finds out what the damage will be on clicking a button
Design a complete solution, including an interface sketch, object table, data table, algorithm, table of testing strategy, and trace examples of good and invalid data through the algorithm to verify that it is correct.

Here is what I have so far but I need to figure out where it goes. int damage = (player_strength + player_weapon) – monster_protection;

Back