Loop Through Question need some help please.

meow

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello

I am a newbie to vb .net. I am using visual studio 2010. what I am trying to archive is

1- create a small application which finds out if Microsoft office and adobe pdf is installed on the local machine. If it is install i want it to show in the text box on the form. I did manage to find a application which does the search of the local machine and finds everything installed on the local machine and shows the list in the text box on the form. But I just want to know 2 programs and show only that in the text box on the form so what came across from reading various forum is that I have to loop through the text box 1 which show list of program installed on the local machine and display them on text box 2 while making text box 1 small size and put it behind text box 2 so text box 1 on the form doesn't show up. my problem is i did find this code in

Private Sub FindLoop() Dim intFound As Integer = 0 Dim rng As Word.Range = Me.Content rng.Find.ClearFormatting() rng.Find.Forward = True rng.Find.Text = "find me" rng.Find.Execute() Do While rng.Find.Found = True intFound += 1 rng.Find.Execute() Loop MessageBox.Show("Strings found: " & intFound.ToString()) End Sub
but it errors out the rng as word.range. and it ask define word range.

Please help me out
Thanks

I mean the advice you took about using 2 textboxes, one smaller box hidden behind another containing the raw data to be filtered..

Also, you said:

I did manage to find a application which does the search of the local machine and finds everything installed on the local machine and shows the list in the text box on the form.

I want you to post the code from this application here so I can help you understand what it does and where to modify it to make it do what you want to do.

How can post code here i mean i want to post it in nice order so its read able because if i select all of the code and paste it turns into pool full of mud....

When you create a thread or reply to a post, make sure you use the advanced editor. You will see the VB button as shown in the image below..

If you click on this and then type vb and click ok, the forum will create an opening and closing vb.net smart code recognition tag.. Just paste your code in between the 2 tags and click the preview button to confirm that it looks the way you want it to look.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 23
Back