Question Login System Using Database

stevendee96

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey guys, this is my first post so far! Hoping the community can help me out on something here. Anyway, I'm creating something for my school that has to do with recent updates, news, etc. I only want people from my school to be able to access it, so it would be cooler. I heard that there was some way to use a database or something so that they can create their accounts, and then enter their username and password into the form so they can get in and move around and read the news or what not.

Anyway, is there a way to do this? I'm trying to make it so that users can register their accounts, and be able to login after. It's a pain for them to email me their desires username and password then I actually have to put in the code "if textbox1 and textbox2 = blah blah blah", that method sucks, then I have to tell everyone to download the whole thing again so one kid can log in, it basically sucks. So it would be cool if once they register, they will automatically be added into the database and they can login if their account is in the database. How do I do this?

ASP.NET has inbuilt user/membership functionality that uses SQL Server by default but will support any backend you care to graft onto it. If you use ASP.NET MVC then a basic implementation is provided automatically.

Introduction to Membership

Back