Linking My Application With Outlook

Programming Experience
3-5
I'm writting a VB.NET application which handles customer interactions with my business. I want to design direct linking with outlook which is what I use for tracking all tasks, appointments, emails, and contacts at the moment.

I am wanting to have a link between the two in place so that when I send an email to a customer I can click a button on the WinForm and it will open the outlook email window, prepopulate the to address, left me fill out the subject and body, which I can already do, but here is the problem, when I send the email I want it setup in such a way as it links back to my database so that it shows up on a datagrid view in my application and when I click on it it opens the email back up in the outlook email window as if I just double clicked it from the sent items folder.

The code I have for sending the email is...

VB.NET:
Dim oOutlook As Outlook.ApplicationClass
Dim oMessage As Outlook.MailItemClass

Private Sub cmdTest_Click(ByVal sender as System.object, ByVal e as system.eventargs) Handles cmdTest.Click
oOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
oMessage = oOutlook.CreateItem(Outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem)
0Message.To = "test@test.com"
oMessage.Display()
End Sub

I am slowly going through a large amount of reference material on integrating VB.NET applications directly with Microsoft Office but this one just has me a bit confused.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Back