Launching Applications using WMI

DanielBlackmore

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi

I am writing a basic little program. Amongst everything, my program will let you install printers remotely, To cut a long story shot I don't want to use the rundll32 shortcut to install as you can only remove the printer using rundll32 again which I don't want.

The way I wanted to do it is create a VBS script and execute it remotely using psexec. This didn't work for some reason, locally the script works fine but when executing it remotely the script runs but doesn't perform any of the actions inside the script.

The only other option I can think of is launching the VBS via WMI. I have done a bit of research and I cant seem to find any VB code that does anything similar. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Daniel

Thank you for your reply but i have been looking into this for a few days now and have so many resources now. Its executing them im having an issue with. For instance, I have created a vbs file and dumped it on the target pc, tried to execute it via pstools and it didnt work.

I then tried creating a scheduled task using WMI to execute the vbs file. I have a msgbox function at the end of the file to make me aware whats happened and when i exec that vbs file only the msgbox function will work (my other code fails to work, depspite it running fine if i just double click it)

I am at a complete loose end as all of my solutions are just falling between my fingers

Back