Keeps Auto Shutdown every so often?????

moc2469

Programming Experience
1-3
I don't understand why but for some reason my VS.NET 2003 keeps closing itself at least 6-10 times a day. I will be working on code, or moving a control on the design page and BAM it just shuts down???????

Stupid.......

Anybody else have this issue and know how to fix it?

I tried that just now but the installer became unresponsive and I had to kill it.

what was the last thing you did before VS started crashing? you might have installed a program or deleted something

It might be that I let pogo.com download applets to make my games load quicker.....

I'm not familiar with that site, but I have heard of similar sites causing problems with other programs, VS 2003 could be a program that's effected by the applets

The question is, How do I remove them now?

I figured it out....in the new IE you go to Tools, Intrernet Options, under Browsing History click Settings, then click View Objects. you will get a list of installed items and can then delete them....

I don't understand why but for some reason my VS.NET 2003 keeps closing itself at least 6-10 times a day. I will be working on code, or moving a control on the design page and BAM it just shuts down???????

Stupid.......

Anybody else have this issue and know how to fix it?

Sounds like its crashing internally. Mine does it every time I choose "GoTo Definition" from the code context menu. Recommend installing the service pack; there were some really annoying bugs fixed.

Also it is almost never a good idea to terminate an installation. You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes there it is pretty important to show patients when installing programs. I terminated my VS.NET when it was setting up for the first time and everytime I clicked the toolbox it would blow up and I would have to restart my PC. I had to reinstall Visual Studio, and the next time I set it up for the first time I had to wait two hours for some reason, but now it works perfectly.

I deleted the applets but still have the isue. I have already installed the service pack during original installation. Still happens every so often.

Back