Issue on setting icon

ALX

Programming Experience
10+
I have created a new icon using VB.NET and have saved it to the project directory. I then set the icon property for a form to point to my new icon file. The new icon shows up in the properties window but when the program runs, the title bar displays the default icon that you get when starting a new icon file rather than my new icon. What am I missing here ?

Either Right-click the icon file (found in Solution Explorer) and select properties or click the icon ones and click F4 to appear properties window about the selected file in your case an icon.
Then locate property 'Build Action' and set up to 'Embedded Resource' insted content as it is by default.

Regards ;)

I'm experiencing the same problem - the custom icon displays at the ClickOnce download prompt, and in the users program files, but not on any of the forms.

I've tried running through all the icon sizes and re-saving them, changing the build action to 'Embedded Resource' (it was set to none), but still I get the default icon for all the forms!

Does the build (Debug or Release) factor into this! I do know that I had this issue quite some time ago, and managed to resolve it, but this time.........

Back