Issue/Bug Tracking

nkotbox

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am looking to use an issue tracking software at work that uses an access database. I have not found one that fits very well so I am looking to find some source code I can customize to fit my idea. Does anyone know of any issue tracking projects I can download?

I wanted to use WebIssues but they use a SQL db and the IS dept is not willing to work with me.

I doubt you will find any commercial solution that uses an Access database, for many different reasons Access is a poor choice as a database back-end. Why is SQL a problem in the first place?

Sql is an issue because I am not in the IS dept and cannot install sql server on my PC or the server. My only option is to use/make a solution that does not require installation on the server. I can place a database file on the network and use a program thar accesses it, but that's it. I am not looking for a commercial product, just the code to one that has been started, that I can work with. All suggestions are welcome.

A lot of good issue-tracking platforms are online, on the cloud, and free. You might want to look at those. They usually accept input through SOAP or REST messages.

Back