Is VB.NET the best choice?

coco

Programming Experience
Beginner
I need to develop a software which creates production reports with charts and graphs. My program combines the existing reports in many different excel and access files. I need to combine all the charts and reports together. It needs to be one user interface with many buttons to access all reports. Is VB the best choice?

Currently, all the data is stored in Excel spreadsheet that is updated every 30 minutes. However, in the future I will get the data directly from a link to a CNC PC.

Thanks,
coco

Hi, if you are asking as to whether vb.net is a suitable language, then the answer is yes. While some would argue that the likes of C# are a 'proper' programmers language, the facts are that they both use the Dot Net Framework so they are very nearly the same. I say very nearly because i have been told that it is possible to do things in C# that can't be done in vb.net. However if we are talking about RAD (Rapid Application Development) then vb.net is definately the way to go. As far as your question...

Is VB the 'Best' choice?

I would say that it is somewhat of a contentious point. Personal preference in my opinion. But the point about RAD stands.

Any Help?:)

Back