Is there a problem if I move to .NET Framework 2.0

einas

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,

Is it okay if i install .NET Framework 2.0 to run the client which is developed on .NET Framework 1.1?

Please advise..

Thanks in advance..

No, it's not OK. If the app was developed agains 1.1, you need 1.1 in order to run it. There isn't a way around that.

-tg

.NET apps will not run against older versions of the Framework but they will run against newer versions, so your version 1.1 app will run if only version 2.0 is present. That said, there is no guarantee that it will run without error. Unless you have fully tested your app against version 2.0 then it is foolhardy to assume that it will work. Note that there is no reason not to install version 1.1 even if version 2.0 is required for other applications because the .NET FRamework has been specifically designed with side-by-side installation in mind. You can have as many versions of the Framework installed as you like and they will not affect or interfere with each other.

Thanks for the explaination!

Ok, that's mean i can simply install both v1.1 and v2.0 at my pc and then run the 1.1 app on top of them both.

Is it my v1.1 app in this combined framework will work as same as it runs on only framework v1.1?

Thanks again!

You may already have worked this out but there is no "combined" Framework. The two versions will be installed as completely separate entities. When you run an app it will invoke the version for which it was created.

Back