Is it safe method to connect database in online?

Deva

Programming Experience
1-3
Is it safe method to connect mysql database in online using vb.net ? help me out is there is any other way ?
VB.NET:
Public MysqlConnection As String = "Data Source=.;Database=newDatabase;User Id=root; Password=admin"

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't ask the same question in multiple threads. I already answered this question for you in another thread and now I find it here as well.

Also, Don't ask your question in the title and then put little to no information in the post itself. Your post should contain a FULL and CLEAR explanation of the problem, i.e. contain ALL relevant information, and the title should then summarise that. The title should tell us whether the topic is relevant enough to us to open the thread in the first place but someone should be able to read the first post alone and not the title and have a full picture of the issue.

I have deleted our posts in that other thread, given that it was nine years old and created by someone else, and copied my response here.

Connector/Net is a dedicated MySQL ADO.NET provider created my MySQL themselves. Under the hood, it provides pretty much all the options that MySQL normally provides, including secure connections. That is configured via the connection string, so you should click here for options and then do some reading on the MySQL web site if you need more specific information.

I have deleted our posts in that other thread, given that it was nine years old and created by someone else, and copied my response here.

Connector/Net is a dedicated MySQL ADO.NET provider created my MySQL themselves. Under the hood, it provides pretty much all the options that MySQL normally provides, including secure connections. That is configured via the connection string, so you should click here for options and then do some reading on the MySQL web site if you need more specific information.
thank your for solution

Please don't ask the same question in multiple threads. I already answered this question for you in another thread and now I find it here as well.

Also, Don't ask your question in the title and then put little to no information in the post itself. Your post should contain a FULL and CLEAR explanation of the problem, i.e. contain ALL relevant information, and the title should then summarise that. The title should tell us whether the topic is relevant enough to us to open the thread in the first place but someone should be able to read the first post alone and not the title and have a full picture of the issue.
i posted this as first then only i search thread is there is any in the forum , after that only i saw and asked same question in thread

Back