is it possible to install win app without .net Framework?!!!!

awsok

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi Folk

I have created a Win .net Application and when I try to install it, it asks me to install the .net Framework first!!

Is it possible to install a Win App on third party machines without the need to install the .net Framework?!!!!!!!!!

This is a big disaster, if I will need to install a 20 MB to make a 200 kb application Works!

I need to run my application without the .net Framework!

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Hi,
It's not possible as .NET Framework is the core of any .NET Application which provides base service like CLR and Base Classes w/o which ur application can not run.

Reagrds,
Ritesh

I belive longhorn will be intergrated with .net

Actually Ritesh it is possible to install an app with out installing .net first, of course it won't actually RUN, but you can install it... :) I'd suggest sticking .net on a cd, or turning auto update on.

TPM

levyuk said:
If thats the case, Does anyone know if the next incarnations of Windows will come with the latest frameworks installed?

yes, longhorn will be the first to come with the framework pre-installed (by default actually)

the .net framework is available in the non-critical section of Windows Update for winME, win2000, and winXP

JuggaloBrotha said:
yes, longhorn will be the first to come with the framework pre-installed (by default actually)

the .net framework is available in the non-critical section of Windows Update for winME, win2000, and winXP

Actually Windows 2003 has got the .net framework pre-installed ;-) just to be correct

Back