Interop Outlook not working (Retrieving the COM class factory)

Adagio

Programming Experience
Beginner
After using Google to find a solution I can see that many people have the same problem as I have, but unfortunately I haven't had any luck at all finding a solution :(

Here's a quick overview of the situation:

I'm developing a ClickOnce application (in vb.net). In my project I have added reference to Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Dll version 12.0.0.0 (by finding it under References > Add > .Net framework)

I have created the code to do what I need to do and it works great on my development computer, but it doesn't work on other computers when I publish the program
When I set the application to use Outlook on my test machine (Vista 32bit with Office 2010) I get the following exception:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154

The Exception is thrown in this line:
VB.NET:
Dim objApp As Outlook.Application = New Outlook.Application()

Anybody here who has any idea on what to do?

I have a feeling that this might be because PIA has not been installed

I have set the requirements to include Office 2010 PIA, but EVERYTIME I start the setup for my application from my published location, the setup says that PIA needs to be installed. I say yes and the progress bar goes halfway through the installation, before the PIA installation closes (it doesn't say anything, just closes down) and my application starts up. From the look of it, it seems like PIA was installed correctly, but considering that it asks me to install it everytime I run the setup for my application, it seems like it doesn't install correctly

I have a feeling that this might be because PIA has not been installed

I have set the requirements to include Office 2010 PIA, but EVERYTIME I start the setup for my application from my published location, the setup says that PIA needs to be installed. I say yes and the progress bar goes halfway through the installation, before the PIA installation closes (it doesn't say anything, just closes down) and my application starts up. From the look of it, it seems like PIA was installed correctly, but considering that it asks me to install it everytime I run the setup for my application, it seems like it doesn't install correctly

I'm pretty sure that you are correct. I have had a similar problem and it was resolved with PIA installation. :)

Back