Installing STANDARD_SDK for CE5.0

J Trahair

Programming Experience
10+
I have Visual Studio 2005 Professional, and I have successfully installed the STANDARD_SDK, which allows users to develop apps for handheld computers using CE5.0.
I have installed the Net framework 3.5.
I have a sample app., developed by a handheld manufacturer (Jett). I cannot load the sample, nor begin a new app for the CE platform, due to error messages as below.
'Error retrieving information from datastore. Platform not found.'
and
'The project could not be opened because it refers to a device platform that does not exist in your datastore.'
However, in the VS2005 New Project dialog, it clearly shows Smart Device with 3 sub-options: Pocket PC 2003, Smartphone2003 and Windows CE 5.0, this last one being the one I want.
If I click on a template eg. Empty Project, I get the above error messages.
If we assume the sample project is correct, what can I do to overcome the device platform problem? Thanks in advnace.

Installing VS2005 to get platform for CE 5.0 device

I have tried uninstalling by UnInstall, also manually in the registry (I had a 90 day VS trial there which expired).
I have deleted the folder Corecon, and tried several other things.
What can I do to overcome the device platform problem? Thanks in advance.

I got round it by finding a folder called CoreCon, with a subfolder containging some .xml files with names indicating smart devices. I copied these files into a folder called 8.0 in the \Microsoft Visual Studio path (somewhere!), and deleted other folders called 1.0, etc. I then deleted CoreCon.

Issue resolved!

Back