Inherited Control

jpdbay

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi folks,

I'm working on an existing proj which required me to add a new form to add new functionality. The problem is I want use few inherited controls (with downward arrow-see picture)
desktop
which are in the other form. I tried to add Inherited form but it is throwing error. I also tried to add new window form but I hv no idea how to inherit the controls. some guide pls.

jpdbay

Attachments

• OK.JPG
    OK.JPG
    1.2 KB · Views: 29
Create your base form as you normally would for any other form. Make sure you have built your project at least once. Now right click the project in the solution explorer and select Add Inherited Form. Select the form you created previously as your base class and you're done. All the controls you created in the base form will be visible but cannot be edited. If you try this process and an error occurs then you're going to have to describe the error because the Internet doesn't currently support Extra-Sensory Protocol (ESP).

Sorry for late response as I was away. I'm getting "Trace not initialized error" when I select my of the existing form to inherit the controls.:( I don't hv clue why:confused: and to my surprise, the form is added in Solution Explorer but I can view it in Code View but cannot open Designer view. pls guide me

Back