I'm a noob who needs help.....

gdrum

Programming Experience
Beginner
I needed to develop this program for class, it reads from a txt document The given information below then outputs it into a text box with the students name and grade by computing the numbers.

Here is the information I made up given http://www.cs.bsu.edu/homepages/tanksale/cs116/fall2005/assign/grade.txt

The course work involves five assignments, five quizzes and two exams. Each assignment and exam is scored out of 100 points and each quiz is scored out of 20 points. The input should be read in from a file (filename is entered by user). Your program should read in the name of the student followed by all the scores for that student. It should compute the student's class average based on weights and then compute a letter grade using a straight grading scale (>=90 is A, >= 80 is B, >= 70 is C, >= 60 is D, otherwise F). The five assignments make up 40% of the grade, the five quizzes make up 20% of the grade and the two exams make up 40 % of the grade.

For example as given in the text document here is how the first user is computed.
Sum of five assignment scores is 100 + 90 + 80 + 90 + 100 = 460
Sum of five quiz scores is 20 + 15 + 14 + 12 + 10 = 71
Sum of two exam scores is 59 + 89 = 148
Average is (460 * 40.0 / 500.0) + (71 * 20.0 / 100.0) + (148 * 40.0 / 200.0) = 80.6
Letter Grade is B

The program should read that information and display all the users names, and grades in the text box on the gui.

I am horrible at what to use to make the proper sub procedures to input the information and then the proper functions to compute and return the average, and letter grade.

Any help with some examples will be great. Thanks

Hmm..since it is for a class where I assume you are suppose to be "learning" about programming, don't you think you should at least try first? If you get stuck on something, you can ask for help. How do you expect to learn?

Blokz

Back