IE Error/Timeout on web page with long running script

hammar

Programming Experience
10+
I'm having issues with a web page I've developed which I used to maintain some databases. The page executes stored procedures against the database and some of these procedures take over 20 minutes to execute. I've found that any procedure that takes over 20 minutes to execute will cause IE 7 to return an error page instead of waiting for the script to finish. The text of that page follows:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most likely causes:
# You are not connected to the Internet.
# The website is encountering problems.
# There might be a typing error in the address.

I've verified that the script continues to run on the Web server and completes what it is supposed to do to the database successfully. At first I thought this was a script timeout issue or session timeout issue but as I've attempted to resolve the issue I'm starting to believe it's a client side problem.

My session and script timeouts are set at 45 minutes and every procedure I run completes in less than 30 minutes. Those timeouts have had no positive impact on this issue. I also found the following article on microsoft.com:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813827/en-us

I increased my KeepAliveTimeout and ServerInfoTimeout per that article to 45 minutes (2700000) however, the problem still presists.
I'm running IIS 5.0 on Windows 2000 Server (SP4). The web page was developed using ASP.NET 2005. I have enabled HTTP Keep-Alives for the site.

Ideas?

Back