Question i need help

Programming Experience
1-3
hi i'm new to vb.net. i'm using visual studio 2005 windows application vb.net language. i'm doing a company project and using MS access database.
i want the user to add data about the new customer and save it to the database.i used the followinf code:

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim dbconnection As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & "data source=C:\Users\Haidar\Desktop\customer list\New Farahnet\FarahnetCustomers.mdb"

Dim dbcommand As String = "INSERT into customers (Fname, Lname, IP, Telephone, Email, Location, TypeocConnection, Download, Upload, StartDate, StoppedDate) " & " VALUES (Textbox1.text,Textbox2.text,Textbox3.text,Textbox4.text,Textbox5.text,Textbox6.text,Textbox7.text,Textbox8.text,Textbox9.text,Textbox10.text,Textbox11.text)"

Dim DataAdapterTest As New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(dbcommand, dbconnection)

Dim customersDataSet As New DataSet()

DataAdapterTest.Fill(customersDataSet)

Dim dtcustomers As DataTable = customersDataSet.Tables(0)

End Sub

but i get an error on the underlined line above.can anyone please tell me if there is anything wrong with it?

Throw that code you've written, away. Read the DW2 link in my signature, section: Creating a Simple Data App.
Then read Creating a Form to Search Data

Follow those tutorials, and not only will you not have any problems, you'll be wriitng better code too

Back