Resolved I can't find a file using RT_GROUP_ICON or RT_GROUP_CURSOR

aaaron

Programming Experience
10+
Years ago I wrote VB code (as part of a big program which I've played with) that extracts Icons and Cursors from .dll files that are stored in groups.

I wonder if it still works. But I can't test it because I can't find a file using RT_GROUP_ICON or RT_GROUP_CURSOR.

Can you point me to such a file?

Failing that: Is there a free program I can use to generate such a file?

I can't test it because I can't find a file using RT_GROUP_ICON or RT_GROUP_CURSOR.
Why do you think you should be able to? Perhaps you could explain what those things are and how you're using them, rather than requiring each person who wants to help you trying to work it out for themselves.

Perhaps you could explain what those things are

I was sure there are better explinations in the Internet than I coul prduce. A quick search prouced:

The format of icon resources - The Old New Thing

which does a nice job.

It's really old stuff but I'd still like to test the code.

I guess I assumed anyone could help woould know what the symbols meant.

Guess I'm not going to get any test files from this post but thanks for replying anyway.

Solution
Educated guesswork, it is common for application .exe files to have a couple of different icon resources and multiple resolutions for each, and in Windows system folder there is just a few included in all installations, have a look at explorer.exe and regedit.exe too!

Back