Http Error 403.1 Issue after deployment

palehorse

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello everyone,

I have an ongoing issue with my hosting company and can't seem to find a solution so I thought I would run it by you guys to see if I am doing something wrong.

I upload my site directly from Visual Studio.net via the "Copy Project" method using the FrontPage Web Access Method. Everything goes up fine - but after some time of me uploading - I get a 403.1 error and more information says that I was trying to execute some sort of CGI or other executable - the thing is, I am not...

I then create another folder on the server and upload to that folder, it works fine but eventually ends up giving the same error - if you want to check it out - the site is :

http://www.sarverllc.net/tt/tech_login.aspx

I can't figure out what I can do to prevent this, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Scott

You have attempted to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow programs to be executed.

That right there tells you the problem. That directory does not have the sufficent permissions to execute a script. You need to set the permission to that directory to allow execution (CHMOD 755)

Hope that helps. (you could view the permissions of your created directory and set it to the same on your parent if your server allows you access to that)

So am I doing something for that to happen? It seems to happen after a week or so of constant uploading to my hosting account. I don't have access to the server since I am on a shared hosting plan. Is the 403.1 error related to the execution of a script and not just some actual .exe file?

I am not familiar with how everything works, forgive my ignorance.

Like I said, it is depended on how the actual server is set up. If you have FTP access to the server, you can go in through that and select your asp files and change the permissions on the files that way (most FTP clients do it through a right click and change permissions). In order for any script type file to execute on a web server, it does require the appropriate permissions to execute. I am not that familiar with windows servers, but Apache servers, this is a critical key for.

Back