neomaximus2k

Programming Experience
Beginner
hey guys, i'm very new to VB.net but I have managed to develop a windows application that communicates to a webserver php api system to handle support tickets. Now the online version we are able to see each response posted and colour code the responses depending on who wrote them (either blue for admin or cream for client)

At present the application can log in to the API system, retrieve a list of open support tickets, you then click on a support ticket and it fetches the data for that ticket (this is also already done)

However I am using a datagrid for the messages and this does not allow html to be shown, what I ideally need to do is show the message history in the same manor as we do online. (screen shot)

Also I need to create a text field that will allow me to do a GUI to allow the user to format their response...

Anyone got any ideas / suggestions on how to do this?

Attachments

• support_screen.jpg
    support_screen.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 23
Thanks stonkie for the reply, personally I hate the MSDN libraries they are just so confusing.

Anyways from what I have gathered it might be easier to use a web browser object and generate the html myself, that way i can get it to look exactly how i want it to.

However that doesn't help with the GUI input box, I have no idea where to begin with that one
I know the javascript forms all Convert the text area into an editable html page depending on the browser being used, maybe i'll have to use another web browser object and somehow imbed the javascript coding? problem with that is I cant see how i could post the data along to the server in a REST call

Back