Question How to select a control that is below another control in stack

gyclone

Programming Experience
1-3
Greetings,

I have recently taken over a Windows Forms project from another developer. My experience lies more with vb for asp so I'm pretty new to the Windows Forms Development Environment.

There is a tab in a tab control that has about a dozen Group Boxes full of controls. At run time, only one of the Group Boxes is displayed at a time, based on a "case" selection from another control. I need to view and make changes to several of the Group Boxes, but only the top Group Box is displayed in the Design View window. I cannot figure out how to make the Group Box that I want to edit visible. I tried selecting the appropriate Group Box in the Properties pane Control Drop-down and the outline for the Group Box does appear in the Design Window, but only the top Group Box is visible.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but can anyone tell me how to select (and make visible in the Design Window) a Control that is under another control?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok, I wasn't able to do it successfully before I posted (because I was selecting the individual controls, rather than the Group Boxes), but I've now mastered the "Move to Front" and "Send to Back" commands.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to look!

Back