how to remove the onhover on toolstripbutton?

bagsrocq

Programming Experience
3-5
hi! im a VB6 programmer and just migrated to VB2008.

i have an animation of toolstripbuttons which causes the hovered(mouseEnter) button to increase its size by 100% and buttons near to its by 50%.

i used the background image instead of the icon image because i dont know hot to set the size of the icon image.

the problem is: i cant remove the onhover color (which by default is orange.. i guess) on the button; causing the the button background to be all orange.

is there a way to remove the onhover color?

just to inform you guys, this is definitely NOT the only problem i have so expect a lot of questions from me and i hope some of you could contribute solutions on my problems.. (o^_^o)

I have read your question and I'm afraid that I don't know the answer to your question. It might involve creating your own ToolStripRenderer perhaps, so you might treat that as an avenue of investigation.

I wanted to post because you have specified .NET 1.1 in your profile but you say that you're using VB 2008. Please update your profile to correctly reflect the .NET version that you usually use, which would likely be .NET 3.5 if you use VB 2008.

if that is the case, can i set the size of the image icon of the toolstripbutton? if yes, how?
im sorry about the .NET thingy, i dont know what version im on.

Back