How to prevent a keypress in another application?

Raygar

Programming Experience
Beginner
Before I clarify my question, I'll say what I'm doing.
We have 2 apps that we display at once for data entry.
1 taking up the left side of the screen, and 1 taking up the right side.

1 of those apps is the data entry application.
The other app is for viewing scanned info.
But they can't talk to each other directly.

So I'm creating a tool that runs in the background to intercept certain keys.

I want to be able to capture keys such of Ctrl + Home, Ctrl + Page Up, etc from the data entry application, and send it to the scanned image to rotate it or zoom, etc.

I believe I can do most of it, except 1 part.

Right now if I did Ctrl + PageUp, it will send the key press to both apps.
How do I prevent a keypress from the originating application?

You could go into you main form( the form you dont want the keypress to originate from and set the key press property as off this will disble that form from recognising keypress events however that form will not be able to recognise other keypress events ... this is the only way i know how to so this .... hope ot helps :)

Not sure that will work if I understand correctly.
This tool is a middleman app in the background (hidden). They aren't typing into that app. They won't see it.

The goal is to send certain keys typed in Application A to be transmitted to Application B, BUT not to actually be entered in Application A.

Possibly have an applcation that is used to launch both of the applications and from there you could transmit key strokes from one to the other, i have done something very similar before. Create the forms as objects within one main form and you can pass whatever you want between the three of them.

Back