How to play mp3 in VB.Net on PPC?

Kellogg

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,

I've started learning to write in vb.net for the PPC and want to play an mp3 on a certain event, I think I need to add the windows media player to the form so I can play the mp3, but when I add this to the toolbar it is greyed out and I cant add it to my form.

Anyone know if there is a different version of this to use on PPC, if I start to write a "normal" PC application I can add the media player to the form.

Alternatively anyone suggest another way to play an mp3/wav on a click event?

Thanks

Glad I'm not the only one

Hi Kellog, I'm having the same problem. I have the vb.net 2005 beta and it won't even put the media player into the toolbox at all. From what I've managed to find out the problem is that the PPC 2003 O/S doesn't support the media player ocx. I think the way to do it is with directx, I can get an mp3 playing in a PPC project BUT only if I deploy to the PC. If I try to deploy to the PPC I get deployment errors. I wish I had an answer for you, I've been scouring the net for weeks with no luck. If I find a solution I'll let you know. In the mean time good luck with what is a most frustrating problem.

Cheers,

slottynut

Back