Question How to make a windows form more responsive?

Developer111

Programming Experience
5-10
In my (VB.Net+VS2008) application, I want to make my windows form (splash) more responsive as there is some complex functionality is performing while loading splash form. Currently when any other application come in front of splash screen and then minimize then splash screen looses its proper visibility and showing some hang kind of state also.

I used “Application.DoEvents()”, but it doesn’t work. I can’t use “background worker” because it doesn’t support UI related changes. i.e. Initializing some UI components on shown event of splash screen.

Is there any other way to achieve the task?

Thanks in advance

you mean youre initializing UI components that are taking a long time? I think youre probably out of luck; when a ui component is created its message pump is owned by the thread that created it.. if you want the user to be able to interact with it then it has to be created by a thread that remains active. As this will likely be the same thread that is rendering window updates, you're stuck.
Don't use UI components that hang the thread creating them for extended periods of time..

Back