How to make a install wizard?!

BrechtLS

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi, I should like to make an install wizard (I don't know if this is the right place to put tis thread) for a vb.net application I made, but I have never done this before. Should you want to explain to me how you can make one, how it works, what extras you can put in it, ...??
Thanks for the help!

Ok, I'll try it tomorrow.

Thanks it works, but at some points I am not totally happy about the result.
How can you make your own install wizard? so you can make it in your own language, decide yourself where he has to set the files, and how can you make an extra map on the hard disk with the install wizard for example c:\test. Because in the program I write files to that map but to work it will has to exist. Need help!

i use InnoSetup. Its a very simple clean little scripting language...you can add checks for folders..registry keys(.net framework) etc. and its FREE...i actually prefer it over the installshield stuff, it just works better for small applications.

I have downloaded InnoSetup now and I saw that it exist only out of code, but I don't know this code. But I have found a program that automatically generates the code, so it will probably be easier for me, but it's al large program so I will need some time to figure it out.
Thanks for the help anyway!

Ok, thanks!

Back