How to ignore windows hotkeys

new2this

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi guys

i have a program that locks the desktop when loaded and will only close if a username and password is entered.

the problem i am having is that once the user presses alt+tab or even the windows key the other apps are accessed.

how can i get my form to ignore any hotkey input.

thanks

Given that Windows already has functionality to lock a workstation and require the user to enter a password to unlock it, why not just use that?

we need a program that locks the desktop but is also transparent in order for the on site technicians to monitor the applications that are running on the desktop of the server ,on site technicians do not have access to servers, the program also needs to keep a log of every user that logs onto the server this will be in addition to windows logs and it will upload a list of users that have accessed the server to our ftp server on a daily basis.

i managed to come up with some code

If My.Computer.Keyboard.AltKeyDown Then
e.Handled = False
End If

but if i press alt + f4 the application still exits :confused:

how can i get it to ignore these inputs?

1- set "TopMust" property of form to true. so alt+tab don`t work any more.
2- write "e.Cancel = True" in "FormClosing" event of form. so it can`t be closed.(remember to put an If on it for in internal closing)
3- disable "TaskManager" and "Run" dialog from registry.(to skip access to critical areas
evilgrin.gif
)
4- put your program in startup of windows ( if they can restart computer ).

it`s enough?

1- set "TopMust" property of form to true. so alt+tab don`t work any more.
2- write "e.Cancel = True" in "FormClosing" event of form. so it can`t be closed.(remember to put an If on it for in internal closing)
3- disable "TaskManager" and "Run" dialog from registry.(to skip access to critical areas
evilgrin.gif
)
4- put your program in startup of windows ( if they can restart computer ).

it`s enough?

i do have the form set as topmost but alt + tab still works and it exposes the taskbar once pressed:confused:
e.cancelled that solved the problem of the form closing :D thanks
i cant disable task manager and run that might cause a few problems...

thanks again for your help

Back