Question How to hide the php file while uploading?

LeonLanford

Programming Experience
Beginner
I want to hide the /uplot.php while uploading, is that possible?
If it's possible, how to do it?

thanks..

here's the screenshot..
j6jxiv.jpg

As I understand you query, you want to hide part of the information that displays in the progress dialog? If you're using the built in progress dialog given by My.Comp...Upload method then it is not possible to customize, you would have to do the upload down to Byte level to know progress and design your own UI dialog, this will also include knowing multithreading.

Have a closer read about the WebClient class, it has methods and events you can use like UploadFileAsync method and events UploadProgressChanged and UploadFileCompleted. There are more descriptions and code samples for these in help documentation/MSDN.

@juggalo
upload the php text file?
I got it now, I misunderstood the title of the thread, I thought you were uploading a php file and you didn't want the file name displayed. Seeing as php files are saved as plain text files I was asking how long it took to do that (because there file sizes usually wont be more than a meg, even a dialup connection uploads 1mb files without much of a wait)

Now that I know I was thinking down the wrong path, I'd suggest starting wotj making your own upload dialog, like John's suggested.

Back