How to Change Default Wait Cursor?

DanForumsMan

Programming Experience
10+
How to Change Default Wait Cursor? Could someone point me in the right direction to changing the system-wide default wait cursor shown when launching slow loading programs and doing other busy activities... Any help would be appreciated... The solution dont have to be a cf solution, but that would be nice... I could make a program of mine, give the option to a user to use my cursor, or go back to using the default system cursor as a feature setting... anyways... it would be nice to know how...

I had this problem for a few days, come to find out it was something i had done.

If its on everything, a simple CTRL-A to select everything is fine(however, this will over-write any pre-existing format not affected by this 'problem')

ON the right side, Properties, at the very bottom, or close to it, there is a selection that states:

UseWaitCursor : (option to choose True / False)

If that is true, just change to false, and you can then change every other, but if its blank, manually change it to false (just in case)

If this doesn't work, then i don't know what to tell you, this is how i fixed mine.

Good Luck :)

Edit:
Noticed something about CF.... not sure about that, but as long as this is inside VB-2008, that's how i did it.

Try this ...

I assume you mean in an CF app (VS2005-WM 6)

?Try this

Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor

'do stuff ...
'

when done - return to default cursor

Cursor.Current = Cursors.Default

Cheers!
Rob

Back