How to add install prerequisites to installation?

UncleRonin

Programming Experience
5-10
Righto, I have to make sure that the .NET Framework 2.0, SQL Server 2005 Express and Windows Installer 3.1 are installed before I can install my application. I have all three listed in my setup's prerequisites. I also have all the executables needed to install them, now - how do I make the installer look at these executables if the prerequisites aren't installed? At the moment the setup tries to download them from the internet. I know there are three options for specifying what to do when a prerequisite needs to install but I don't know which option is the one to use or how to use it. Could someone please tell me which one to use and how to use it? I would really appreciate it!

Change the prerequisites location with the radiobuttons in dialog, see attached screenshot. If you don't want download from component vendor website you must choose same location as application or other location.

Attachments

• prerequisites.jpg
    prerequisites.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 101
OKay, option 1: downloads from the internet.
Option 2: it packages the files (not always the latest versions) with the install and Option 3: specify specific files BUT how can you make this refer to a relative directory? like the files are on the install CD but this option makes you specify directory on local PC?

Back