How should I design my database?

Samer22

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello everyone
I'm a beginner andI need to know how to design my database.
These are my tables.

t1.png

t2.png

My questions:
1) Do I need now to join the two tables (create relations)? If yes. Which fields should I join? ID-ID or ID-StudentID?
2) What is the appropriate querries for inserting and retrieving data from the two tables?
3) Do I need one querry or two querries under save button since I have two tables?
I'm using adodc
Thank you all

Why are you using ADODC at all? If you're coding in VB.NET then you should be using ADO.NET at least. As for your questions:

1. What do you think? What do you think you would gain and/or lose by adding a foreign key? If you did add one, which columns do you think you should use and why?
2. This is basic data access. Do some reading on data access and use what you find to make an attempt. If it doesn't work out, THEN would be the time to post a question here, showing us what you've done and telling us what happened.
3. Again, basic data access.

We're here to help you with issues. Not to teach you the basics so that you don't have to try to learn for yourself. You'll find that we're more than happy to help with actual issues when they arise. Perhaps you should start by following the tutorial link in my signature below.

Back