Question How do you wirte and delete rows from a local database?

Shatter Resistant

Programming Experience
1-3
I'm experienced with VB but I'm not so much in using a local database. I was just wondering how to write data to a database and also how to delete specific rows from a database.

That's about SQL databases

I don't use SQL express so that doesn't really seem to apply. I also want to have a more complicated form over the top (so not using data tables) and i need to know if there is specific VB code that can add to a database.

Read the DW2 link in my signature. Youre using .NET 3.5 and it is targeted at .Net 2, so keep a lookout in the top right for more specific pages versions.. But start with Creating a Simple Data App, don't try and run before you walk and get used to working with data in this way. THen when youre ready to get more complicated, the tableadapters you create can have complex queries added to them and can Insert / Update / Delete specific records.. The advice that applies to SQL Express / Studio Express is transportable to Studio Full, and other DBs like oracle

Going forward, if you have questions about a particular DB, it might have a specific forum, and also for questions about data access methods like ADO.NET also has a specific forum :)

Back